Wednesday 29 July 2020

Editing CaféLit




It is one of my great joys choosing a story for CaféLit every day. It’s the first thing I do every day after I’ve completed my own writing and before I start on my general admin. I come across such a variety of stories by many talented and hard-working writers.   

Then there is the pleasure of selecting The Best of CaféLit each year. There’s a picture of our latest above. Click on the picture to find out more about it.

Stories on CaféLit are between 50 and 3,000 words. We like a balance of longer stories and shorter ones. We also like a balance of darker stories and lighter ones.  And we also try to keep a balance of authors. There are not hard and fast rules about how many stories you should send in a given time period but if we’ve published a lot by one author recently someone else may have priority if all things are equal. We go for the best story we see every day.

If you get five or more stories published on the CaféLit site – they don’t have to have made it into the book –  and / or in one of our annual anthologies, you have a good chance of being accepted for a single author collection. Details here.     

How to write for CaféLit?

I’m offering talks about this, via Zoom, free, for groups of up to twenty people. Please apply via the contact form on this site.

You can see more of the types of story we publish by joining our newsletter. Join here and then download our free e-book Magnetism. You’ll also be sent news of new books and offers on our list.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment